The manufacturer places a product/batch number at some position on the board, in order to identify the boards during production. If you wish, you may specify the position of this mark, rather than leaving it to the manufacturer to place the mark. The mark is normally placed on the legend top layer, but you may choose the bottom layer instead. If no legend layer exists, then the mark will be placed on a copper layer. If you choose not to place a mark, the mark will be placed by the manufacturer (unless there is not enough “empty” space on the board for the mark). To place a mark:
- Click on the Place Product/Batch number button to depress the button.
- Select the radio button for the desired layer.
- Select the Horizontal or Vertical radio button, or press Ctrl+R to change the text orientation.
- Place the rectangle at the desired location.
- Press Escape to exit the placement mode.
You should only place one mark on a board. For a panel of boards, a mark should be placed on each board in the panel.
Use the Clear symbols button or the Delete key to remove all marks.