Clearance and insulation
- Calculating Creepage and Clearance Early Avoids Design Problems Later
- High Voltage Spacing
- Calculating spacing between PCB traces for various voltage levels
- European standard: EN60065:2002 "Audio, video and similar electronic apparatus. Safety requirements"
- IPC standard: IPC-2221B "Generic Standard on Printed Board Design"
- Saturn PCB Design Toolkit A free download tool for calculating conductor spacing and other parameters
Current carrying capacity
- Articles on Trace Current/Temperature/Power/Resistance
- IPC standard: IPC-2152 "Standard for Determining Current Carrying Capacity in Printed Board Design"
- Saturn PCB Design Toolkit A free download tool for calculating current carrying capacity and other parameters
- Online ANSI IPC-2221A PCB Trace Width Calculator
- Multiple Dielectric Transmission Line Calculator An open source 2D field solver for Windows
- Chemandy Electronics online calculators
- Saturn PCB Design Toolkit A free download tool for calculating transmission line impedance and other parameters
- Designing With High-Density BGA Packages for Altera Devices
- High-Density Design With MicroStar BGAs
- 96 and 114 Ball Low-Profile Fine-Pitch BGA Packages
- Xilinx Device Package User Guide Board Routability Guidelines with Xilinx Fine-Pitch BGA Packages section of the Recommended PCB Design Rules chapter.
- How to be a Circuit Board designer
- Articles by Doug Brooks, UltraCAD Design
- Guidelines for flex boards
- IPC-4761 Via types
Dielectric materials datasheets
- IPC standard: IPC-4101E "Specification for Base Materials for Rigid and Multilayer Printed Boards"
- Arlon: Everything You Wanted to Know About Laminates
Standard FR-4 materials
High-Tg FR-4 materials