Product Browser Improvements
New product specifications and statistics
Numerous product parameters have been added to the Macaos system. This will improve online pricing and quality control. See the Import Module section (below) for a complete list.
Import module improvements
New product specifications:
- board type: rigid, flex, rigid-flex, metal-based-board
- depth routing
- flex stiffener (flex, rigid-flex only)
- cover layer (flex, rigid-flex only)
- thermal conductivity (metal-based-board only)
- via fill type
- flexible layers (rigid-flex only)
- carbon print
- kapton tape
- half-moon holes
- plated slots
- beveled edge (with angle and backoff)
New product statistics:
- minimum non-plated hole/edge to copper clearance
- qty routs
- minimum rout tool diameter
- total rout length
- estimated weight
- number of test points (solder mask openings)
- Performance class 2, 2+ or 3
- Impedance control to be done by manufacturer
- Do not allow manufacturer marking on board
- Do not allow copper shaving from board edges
New viewer functions
- d Highlight minimum width lines on each visible copper layer
- a Highlight minimum annular ring pads on each visible copper layer
- o Toggle show only centerline/outline of objects
Custom stackup definition
- It is now possible to indicate if a dielectric layer is core or prepreg in a custom stackup.
- It is now possible to indicate that a dielectric layer is flexible
- It is now possible to indicate that the thickness of a dielectric layer is impedance critical
Alignment of pick and place files
When aligning pick and place files, only the visible layer(s) will be moved. In this way, it is possible to make separate adjustments for top and bottom sides.
Allow text on notation layers to be placed within boards in a panel
Add graphical remarks to a panel.
Show potential errors
The stencil creator checks for stencil openings that do not appear to be consistent with the original stencil data. This could be due to the original openings having been reduced by the board designer, or because the stencil creator was not able to locate the correct reference pad on the copper layer. If potential errors are found, they can be highlighted for inspection.
Automatic fiducial detection
If the stencil data contains objects that appear to be fiducials, these are automatically detected and can be easily marked as fiducial or deleted. The same is true for stencil fiducials in a panel frame defined in the panel module.
Edit/split rotated shapes
The pad shape editor now works on shapes with any rotation factor.
Transfer objects from any layer
It is possible to copy objects from any layer to a stencil layer.
Assembly Data Manager
The Quick Help button opens a web page with step-by-step guidelines for generating an RFQ for Assembly.
Bill of Materials (BOM)
Before processing, a hint window reminds the user to specify column headers.
After processing, the rows of the output BOM are green if a single match is found, or yellow if multiple product matches are found.
Pro version improvements
Order packaging option
A new order option has been added to the Quotation module: Package in accordance with IPC-1601 (antistatic, humidity sensor, dessicant, etc)
When making price quotes for panels, the order quantity is always the number of panels. But it is now possible to specify number of boards, which will automatically be converted to number of panels in the price grid