Using Macaos Enterprise on LinuxUsing Macaos Enterprise on Linux bjarte Wed, 02/13/2008 - 20:58
Macaos Enterprise is designed to run on Windows, but will run pretty well on Linux. Since Macaos Enterprise is built and compiled for the Windows operating system you will need to emulate a windows environment using a compatibility layer, such as Wine.
We have tested Macaos Enterprise on Ubuntu Linux 10.10 using Wine 1.2 Gecko.
Macaos Enterprise is also known to run on later Ubuntu versions using the PlayOnLinux frontend for Wine.
If you experience any problems or have questions that are not answered on these pages, please contact us by mail and we will try to answer as best we can.
Before you beginBefore you begin bjarte Sun, 03/16/2008 - 14:58
- First you need to install Wine. The various distributions usually have Wine available in their package repository. You can also download Wine version suitable for your distribution.
- You now need to replace the two built-in wininet.dll and comctl32.dll libraries with the native versions from Microsoft. We recommend using the winetricks script and the command
sh winetricks comclt32 wininet. However, you may choose to do this by manually obtaining the dll's from an existing Windows XP or later installation, and copying the dll's into .wine/drive_c/windows/system32
- In the libraries tab of wine configuration, add wininet and comctl32 to the list of libraries. Click edit on each one and select native (windows)
- The user manual depends on Adobe Acrobat being installed in wine. If you want it to work then you can install Acrobat Reader 6.0.x into wine.
- There seems to be a problem with order confirmations not being displayed properly.
If you have an Windows XP installation, simply copy the ttf files from Windows/fonts to ~./wine/drive_c/windows/fonts.
Installing Macaos Enterprise with wineInstalling Macaos Enterprise with wine bjarte Wed, 02/13/2008 - 20:59
- Download Macaos Enterprise from the URL received in the mail.
- Create a directory for Macaos Enterprise, i.e. in ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/MacaosEnterprise and copy the downloaded file into it
- Open a terminal window, cd to the that directory and run:
> wine macaosenterprise.exe
- Go through the install program as on Windows.
If you get access violations in comctl32.dll or errors when opening the product viewer make sure you did all the steps in the before you begin section. If you get other errors be sure to check out the troubleshooting section, to see if the problem has been solved there. If you have a problem that is not mentioned here please post in the forums or send us an e-mail and we will try to help you out.
Troubleshooting Macaos Enterprise with wineTroubleshooting Macaos Enterprise with wine bjarte Wed, 02/13/2008 - 21:08
Problem: Loading user manuals gives error.
Solution: Please look in the before you begin section on how to solve problems with adobe acrobat
Problem: Loading order confirmations take a very long time.
Solution: Please look in the before you begin section on how to solve problems with order confirmation
Problem: The "PCB Alliance" tab displays nothing
Solution: The internal web page display in Macaos Enterprise does not appear to work properly under wine. You will not be able to view the advertisements on this page, but that should not limit your use of Macaos Enterprise.
If you find problems not documented here, please mail us about it so we can update these pages.