To panelize a product, you need to do the following:
- Locate the product to panelize. Select the product in the Macaos Enterprise product browser and then click on the Panel button to open the panelization module.
- Run an Autopanel script (optional). If desired, select an autopanel script by clicking on the Autopanel (gears) button. After running the script, skip to step 5.
- Specify the array. Adjust the board quantity, frame width and instance spacing as desired. You can also specify scoring, corners and copper fill in the frame. Once you are satisfied with all specifications on this tab, click on the Panelize button.
Add boards to the panel (optional). Press Ctrl+R to show the product chooser. Drag or Double-click on a product name to add it to the panel.
Move, rotate and flip boards (optional). Select a portion of a board contour to move or rotate the board. Right-click or press the space bar to rotate. Press Ctrl to disable snap when moving. Click to place the board or press Esc to cancel. With the mouse pointer within an unselected board, press Space to rotate 180° or Shift+Space to flip the board upside down.
- Specify break-off tabs. Break-off tabs are automatically generated when panelizing a single board (if autoplace is specified). If desired, click on the Tabs toolbar button to modify the default style and placement of Break-off tabs. For a multi-product panel, breakoff
tabs must be added manually.
- Place fiducial marks (optional). Click on the Fiducial marks toolbar button. Specify diameters and location, and then click on the Place button.
- Place frame holes (optional). Click on the Frame holes toolbar button. Specify diameter and location of tooling holes and/or diameter, spacing and location of break-off holes, and then click on the Place button.
- Place text (optional). If desired, the Text toolbar button may be used to place text, bar code or annotation fields in the frame of the panel.
- Place bad marks (optional). Click on the Bad marks toolbar button. Specify the side and style of the bad marks. Specify the location of the panel mark and the board marks, and then click on the Place button.
- Add assembly masks (optional). Click on the Assembly Masks toolbar button. Specify the mask layer, side and fill mode; and then click on the Place button. Draw a selection rectangle around the area where the mask is to be placed.
- Add test coupons (optional). Click on the Test coupons toolbar button. Click on the Place button to place a registration control coupon along the frame edge. Support for IPC-2221 test coupons is under development.
- Add remarks (options). A remark is a note attached to a location on the board. Remarks give information to manufacturers, but are not visible on the final product. Click on the Remark toolbar button and then draw a circle around the location for the remark. Enter the remark text in the dialog box.
- Publish the product. Click on the Publish toolbar button to complete panel creation. Specify the product name, article number and description in the dialog box.