To panelize a product, you need to do the following:
- Locate the product to panelize. Select the product in the Macaos Enterprise
product browser and then click on the Panel button to open the panelization module.
- Specify the array. Click on the Panelize toolbar button to create an array. Adjust the board quantity, frame width and instance spacing as desired. You can also specify scoring and copper fill in the frame. Be sure you are satisfied with all specifications on this tab before moving on to any of the following steps.
Add boards to the panel (Pro version). Press Ctrl+R to show the product chooser. Drag or Double-click on a product name to add it to the panel.
Move and rotate boards (Pro version). Select a portion of a board contour to move or rotate the board. Right-click or press the space bar to rotate. Press Ctrl to disable snap when moving. Click to place the board or press Esc to cancel.
- Specify break-off tabs. Break-off tabs are automatically generated when panelizing. If desired, click on the Tabs toolbar button to modify the default style and placement of Break-off tabs.
- Place fiducial marks (optional). Click on the Fiducial marks toolbar button. Specify diameters and location, and then click on the Place button.
- Place frame holes (optional). Click on the Frame holes toolbar button. Specify diameter and location of tooling holes and/or diameter, spacing and location of break-off holes, and then click on the Place holes button.
- Place text (optional). If desired, the Text toolbar button may be used to place text or bar code in the frame of the panel.
- Place bad marks (optional). Click on the Bad marks toolbar button. Specify the side and style of the bad marks. Specify the location of the panel mark and the board marks, and then click on the Place marks button.
- Add special masks (Pro version). Click on the Masks toolbar button. Specify the mask layer, side and fill mode; and then click on the Place Mask button. Draw a selection rectangle around the area where the mask is to be placed.
- Publish the product. Choose File|Publish to Product Browser to complete panel creation. Specify the product name, article number and description in the dialog box.